Book Review | One Beats The Bush by Riall Nolan - The First in the Max Donovan Adventure Series

One Beats The Bush is a well-paced action thriller that ticks multiple boxes; page-turning twists, fight scenes, a lot of crime and, more importantly, a main character you cannot help but love. Vietnam veteran Max Donovan is in Bangkok, and very hungover, when his friend “Fat” Freddie Fields is arrested in San Francisco for the murder of an Australian diplomat. He knows his old buddy would never hurt a fly, so he rushes back to the Bay Area to help. Suspecting Freddie is being framed, Donovan tries to rustle up some cash to bail him out, but only succeeds in getting into trouble with the local mob.  He’ll have to solve the case on his own. Unfortunately, the only clue he has suggest the answer lies in the jungle-covered mountains of Papua New Guinea. As he comes face-to-face with smugglers, hostile tribesmen, insurgents, and a web of corruption and deception, can Donovan achieve what is seemingly impossible? Nolan has managed to achieve a page-turning action thriller that doesn’t feel

Book Review | All This Healing Is Killing Me by Gabrielle Pelicci - A Raw, Hard Hitting Memoir

Welcome to my stop on the Literally PR book review tour for All This Healing Is Killing Me by Gabrielle Pelicci, PH.D. If I’m honest, this isn’t my usual genre but from the moment I read the description I knew I would love it - and I was correct! 

In this deeply personal and vulnerable account, Gabrielle reveals how childhood trauma impacts our physical and mental health - as well as our adult relationships. She explores how you are only as sick as your secrets and telling your story is the medicine that can save your life. All This Healing Is Killing Me is a brave narrative that reckons with the hold of the past over the present, the mid over the body and celebrates one women’s ability to write herself a happy ending. 

All This Healing Is Killing Me beautifully captures and radiates raw, unfiltered life truths that hit hard and are relatable to many. Pelicci truly opens herself up on the pages, detailing every lump and dump in her fast-paced, ever-changing journey - from the highest highs to the lowest lows. 

If you are someone who is in touch with your spiritual side, or are simply open to the idea, you will be completely sucked in by Pelicci’s spiritual journey because I definitely was! You are a fly on the wall for all the awakens, doubts and lessons that Pelicci experiences. 

As a 26 year old I found this book very comforting. As I’ve said Pelicci does not hold back about her own journey and it made me feel so much better about not having everything together just yet. I constantly feel like I’m not doing things right compared to the expected norms of society or to what other people my age have achieved but Pelicci has helped me realise this is not the only way to live. Every journey is unique and important. 

Thank you again to Gabrielle Pelicci and Literally PR for giving me the honour of starting the book review tour. As always, it means a lot!! 

Comments