Book Review | One Beats The Bush by Riall Nolan - The First in the Max Donovan Adventure Series

One Beats The Bush is a well-paced action thriller that ticks multiple boxes; page-turning twists, fight scenes, a lot of crime and, more importantly, a main character you cannot help but love. Vietnam veteran Max Donovan is in Bangkok, and very hungover, when his friend “Fat” Freddie Fields is arrested in San Francisco for the murder of an Australian diplomat. He knows his old buddy would never hurt a fly, so he rushes back to the Bay Area to help. Suspecting Freddie is being framed, Donovan tries to rustle up some cash to bail him out, but only succeeds in getting into trouble with the local mob.  He’ll have to solve the case on his own. Unfortunately, the only clue he has suggest the answer lies in the jungle-covered mountains of Papua New Guinea. As he comes face-to-face with smugglers, hostile tribesmen, insurgents, and a web of corruption and deception, can Donovan achieve what is seemingly impossible? Nolan has managed to achieve a page-turning action thriller that doesn’t feel

Monthly Wrap Up | February 2022

February was a bit of a slower reading month for me. I wasted about five days on a book I could not for the live of me get into, before finally giving it up. This was the first time I’d given up on a book and honestly it took me a few days to get over the fact I never completed it or found out the ending. I’m hate leaving this unfinished! But that aside, I had a great month of reading some proofs that are due out in March / early April. I count myself lucky everyday that I get trusted with proofs and I cannot thank the authors, agents and publishers enough!!

 What I Read

The Match by Harlan Coben

The Coffin Club byJacqueline Sutherland 

They All Lied by Louise Phillips 

Fragile Things by Neil Gaiman

My Favourite Book of the Month

It hands down has to be The Match by Harlan Coben. This was my introduction to Coben and I can promise it will not be my last. I really enjoyed the plot and I just really like Cobens writing style. If anyone has any suggestions for my next Coben read please let me know!

Next Months Plan

My bookshelf has grown massively in the past month or two, so my plan is to get through a number of those books. The trouble I will have will be deciding which books as there is certainly more than I can fit into one month. But if anything its just a challenge!! Lets see if I can beat my record of seven in one month.

Comments